Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Team 4 Catholic Justice

At Frisbee practice today, we split up into 4 teams that we are going to keep until next Tuesday. The idea is that we play games against each other so the captains can see us in a team setting. They want to see how we react with our teammates from the sideline as well as in play along with how well we can bond as a team. Our team was called Catholic Justice which was cool with me and also apparently the other 2 Jewish guys on my team. We went 2-0 tonight and I'd like to think that I caught a lot of points, but my left hand was fucked (too short of a nail on my index finger and a popped blister on my pinkie) so I didn't catch much. It was funny because we were white and the other team that went 2-0 was also white; that's what I call oppression for the darks. I played well and had two catches in the end zone that I had to drag my feet to stay in which made me "seem" like an awesome ultimate player. On Thursday we stay with the same teams, so watch out for Catholic Justice. You'll also probably see us next Tuesday at the championship game.

In the beginning of practice after we had already chosen teams, I overheard Ashlin ask Taylor what team he should be on. Ashlin had just gotten to practice, so I said join team 4 very enthusiastically. Ashlin is basically my idol/mentor/hero when it comes to ultimate Frisbee. Hopefully he reads this. Well he was totally into me (because I'm into him) and he was like, "Yo Taylor let me be on team 4 because Ben and I have to start working together".Taylor was like, "Ok I buy it". That means at least two things: 1) Ashlin and Taylor thinks that Ashlin and I will be working together this year and 2) I have a good shot at the A team because Ashlin is on the A team.

I've been thinking about it, and I think I want to cook Ashlin a nice dinner and use my Tea Candles. Go Catholic Justice!

1 comment:

JulieMizz said...

time for another blog plz