Monday, September 22, 2008

First Night In Davis

Life is great. I moved in on Sunday the 21st of September. There are so many people that if I'm interested in meeting them, I'll just go up and shake hands with them. It's incredibly easy to meet people now becasue everyone is in the same position of being in a new foreign place. There are people who say that they are "not ready" for college, or that they are worried about "not meeting anybody". Yea that doesn't happen. Walking up to girls is also getting really easy too. Like I'll find myself walking up to a girl, and then something pops in my head to talk about. Talking to girls is a skill that you have to train. I'm not gonna say I'm a pro or anything like that, but I definitely think I'm getting better really quickly.

Last night Dan called me saying they were going to a frat party at a house called PIKE. This phone call happened probably 5 minutes after Jake called me saying they were gonna go to AEpi with Victory and Olivia. Both cool people, but I wanted to hang out with Dan, and if that PIKE party wasn't working, I would head over to AEpi. We (Liam and I) meet up with Dan and John in front the ARC with Andrew Jilwon too. We apparently wait for this one friend of Andrew's who knows where the house is. During this small amount of time, around 20 more people show up. This is freaking rediculous because I know that Frat houses usually don't like letting in huge bunches of crowds, especially since we are all freshmen. Walking over to there, we get around 10 more people following us, and the first thought in my head is: I gotta get to the front of the line, so when they start cutting off people I'm already inside. This got me in, but for some reason everyone else came in with us. It was like the party was desperate. We quickly got some redbulls, but the line for the one keg was really crowded.

Dan, John, Liam, and I were hanging out ouside waiting for the keg to get less crowded. Something we noticed at this PIKE house (besides everyone smoking pot) was that there was like a 10-1 ratio of guys to girls. It's not like I had plans to hook up with a girl, but it definitly throws a groove of a party off if there are way too many guys. This was around 10 oclock, and we decided to leave and look for the AEpi house. It's a Jewish Fraternity and was the same one that Ami, Ryan, Tash, and I had met Jake at two days earlier in berkeley. We found it on C street so it wasn't that far away. We walk in and it's a very chill environment. There were 3 tables for beer pong, which I didn't get to play, but the line for the keg wasn't long at all because people had already started drinking. Very fun house and I met alot of brothers of the Frat, and I met alot of girls who were fun to talk to. I hope to become really good friends with Julie and Olivia who live on the 4th floor Alder hall. I did meet up with a friend of mine from orientation, Nellie. We decided to try and play some baseball but it didn't exactly work out. No problem though. Definitly a fun night. I'm also really excited to be with Liam for this year because he and I are turning into the awesome guys to talk to. Like, we are good partners and shit I think when it comes to living and junk like that. Someone told us today that it seemed like we had been friends from high school or something.

No comments: