Monday, September 15, 2008

Purpose of this Blog

I started this blog specifically a couple of days before college so I could become accustomed to writing in it before I got carried away with a new life to create a blog. The purpose of this blog, beyond attempting to be good reading material for interested colleagues, is simply to keep track of everything I've done and accomplished.

Recently I've been living with the mentality that I should experiment with almost everything (besides drugs) and try to experience everything I want to experience. It's been important to live completely in the moment, and not worry about remembering things (not in a hang-over way). The rational for this mentality was not reckless abandon, but cynicism on the brain's ability to remember things. Most of you have lived 18+ years so far in life. That's easily more than 6500 days spent on earth. 3% of that becomes around 200 days. Now, I hate using numbers to make points because it makes me look like a douche bag, but the number 200 is a BIG number. Living a normal life, people can only probably recall at most 20-30 days without thinking really hard about their life. Then after thinking really hard, chatting with friends, and looking at pictures, they might get around to remembering 200 days. It feels sick, but you'll only remember 3% of what you've done in life. Sadly that's my current view, but I figure that college will open up my world of possibilities and adventures... so I want to document them. I'll keep a log of kick-ass things that when looked back upon will make me say, "Shit I am so super kick-ass!"

My ground rules/objectives
1. Write about Ultimate Frisbee/ Athleticism
2. Write about people only in positive light
3. Write about college life
4. Propose brilliant ideas that would help humanity
5. Propose brilliant ideas that would give someone something to think about, but not necessarily help humanity that much
6. Become famous

No comments: