Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend After 1st Chem Mid-Term

Dam things have been going by fast. I can't remember if I've been in college for a month, or two months? Let me try to give short glimpses of my days and nights so I won't forget them

Thursday: Well Happy Birthday Ben! You've been 18 for a year! Isn't that excited... well I thought so. For my birthday I ended up not going to Frisbee practice because I felt stressed over my chemistry mid-term the next day, then I ended up pulling an all-nighter studying for the mid-term. I like all-nighters because they make me feel worthy to call myself a dedicated student for some reason. I had printed out five practice mid-terms and their keys (which turned out to be around 120 pages) from the the Tech center in the SAAC earlier that day, so I forced myself to practice each mid-term all night long. I did end up going to breakfast with the crew team sans Liam because he wanted to study more around 7:30. We took the test at 9:00 and I felt really good about it minus not finishing it. No one else finished it either, so that worked out for a nice curve. We got our tests back Monday after chem lab. I got a middle B which I'm happy with.

Friday: My Friday started after I took my chemistry mid-term. It began falling all downhill from there. I fell asleep in calculus class while listening to my ipod. Then when I got back from that lecture, I realized I forgot my key to get inside my room. I figured I would just lay down and wait for Liam to come to the room. I knocked on the door, but nobody came, so I guessed that he was either in the bath or at class. Well waiting got really boring, and I was really tired. I ended up closing my eyes for a few seconds... which turned into two hours. Lol, I practically passed out for two hours on the hard floor right outside my dorm room. When I woke up, there was an outline of empty bottles around my body and a sign that said, "Ben Hubbard is passed out on the floor. Take pictures of him and write on his face". Luckily nobody wrote on my face, but I did see pictures of myself laying on the ground later on from Sean's phone. My door was still locked and I had no way to find Liam. He was probably out to lunch or something, I really didn't care about that thought. All I was thinking about was finding more places to sleep at. Brooke ended up letting me use her bed to sleep from 2 to 4 until my Stat class. Nice bed and all, which makes me feel bad about farting all over it. Hopefully it didn't smell too much like me afterward. Then I had my first Chico team practice from 5:30-7. Lol it went surprisingly well, but I do need to start skying more people.

Saturday: Chico team practice from 10am-1pm. This was really fun. They video taped whenever we played, so I hope I look good when I watch the tape at Taylor's house on Thursday night. After that, Mom, Dad, and Michael came up to visit me for a birthday celebration. We biked around downtown Davis (which I secretly wish I could do more often) and had lunch at Chipotle. Then we biked the entire Arboretum. That is a beautiful bike ride. I definitely want to do that at least once a month. We stopped at one point along the way and watched Michael play with the geese. Later on at night we went to Fuzio for a nice dinner which rocked my socks off because I hadn't eaten that much all day long after practice. Food just tastes better when your hungry. After my parents and Michael left to go back to Pleasanton, I went up to floor 2 and began to get my drink on. It wasn't exactly right away, but we did end up finishing around 7/8ths of Sean's handle before going to the bonfire. Then we came back to the room after the bonfire and drank some more. Tonight was the night that everyone was going to my Frisbee party. It was at Kevin's house on Vassar which is right behind Cuarto. They told me to bring girls, so I brought around 9 girls and 4 guys. I invited all the girls from my floor along with Natasha and her friend. The Frisbee party was legit and I was having fun, but I think most of the girls from floor 2 were being wet towels, and I was having fun with Sean, Isaiah, Natasha, Samantha, and Tonhu, so I'm pretty sure we just ended up leaving and then going to watch airplane in the main lounge while still being semi-drunk. I think I ended up sleeping in the lounge until about 7:30am when a cleaning guy was doing his thing moving chairs around. I waited until he was in the kitchen, then I rushed up to my room and slept until around noon.

Sunday: Not as much happens during days when you wake up at noon compared to other days. I remember we played an IM ultimate game (and lost), but I got Natasha to come out and give our team more girls. She seemed interested in playing or getting better. But I still had to teach her everything new. First practices are always hard for ultimate because you drop the disc more than catch it, and then you only catch it once or twice. Most of the time your just running around confused. Later that night we ended up watching Amelie in the main lounge. Now I had alot of chemistry homework for Lab that needed doing... but this was Amelie, which I just couldn't pass up. I'm sure anyone in my position whose seen Amelie before and liked it would have done the same thing. Anyways, movie was as bomb as I remember :) This time I did not sleep in the lounge. For the future, I hope I don't turn into one of those people who watch movies because they have nothing else to do.

Monday: What else is there to say other than it's my hardest day of the week. I wake up and wash my face, then go to chemistry lecture. Then I come home and take a shower. I decided to skip calculus for two reasons: 1) I had chemistry homework to finish and 2) They are learning about shortcuts for differentiations which I already know. After lab in my stat class, I realized that I hadn't eaten any food at all today. This kinda worried me, but I just blew it off because I knew I could have all-you-can-eat for dinner at the DC. After I got back from my nutrition class, I called Natasha and asked if she wanted to throw. She said that people had just gone to the DC and that I should come. Well, I came, I saw, I conquered. I had 8 different dishes with 4 cups of liquid (one of them was cappuccino which might be one of the reasons I'm up so late). Everyone ended up leaving except Natasha before I ate a huge salad and two more slices of pizza. We tried out drinking coffee and reading the newspaper on the nice couches (conclusion: it still rocks). After dinner Natasha, Sean, and I all went to the ARC/Pavilion to play some racquetball. It was fun, but just "playing around" racquetball. When we got bored of that, we went back to the main ARC because Sean wanted to practice some wrestling moves on me. I also taught both Sean and Natasha how to do the moonwalk, and they taught me how to balance on my head and do a cartwheel. Now I do believe I'm all caught up on my life. Gonna go take a shower because my Stat teacher gave us an extra day for homework (Wednesday 3:00am instead of Tuesday 3:00am)