Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scavenger Hunt

Tonight was the most bomb-diggity night so far in Davis. Better than parties, and way better than studying. Around 7 o'clock I had this idea to make a scavenger hunt for all the Thompson residents. This came about because I was playing around with my Thompson '08-'09 facebook group that I made to keep a directory of everyone in my building. There is a button that lets me message everyone in the group, so I sent out a message saying I was going to make a scavenger hunt.

This got me thinking about everything I could do for the scavenger hunt. Usually once I get rolling with an idea, more ideas come even more quickly to me and I had an entire scavenger hunt planned out in my mind in about ten minutes. The plan was to have people come to my room for the first clue, then I would have pieces of paper with more clue directions on them for where to go next. There was something witty written on the paper like, "Where can I study for my mid-terms at on the first floor" (answer: study room) or, "Lets make some popcorn in the microwave" (answer: a clue in the microwave).

This is my list of places I was going to have people go to:
1. Laundry room
2. Floor 4 trash chute
3. Study room
4. Floor 2 lounge area
5. Piano room
6. Floor 3 emergency exit
7. Next to the soda machines
8. Kitchen fridge
9. Floor 4 Lounge area behind a couch
10. Kitchen microwave
11. ?????

I sat and thought about what the prize should be at the end. Then it hit me. Have everyone go to Ashley's (my floor R.A.) room and wish her happy birthday. Her birthday is the same day as mine (October 16th) which is tomorrow. But I gotta make it a cool prize though. So what I did was I went out about bought a bag of 75 small airhead candy stuff. Then I went to Ashley's room and told her that I wanted to give her a birthday present, which was the bag of candy. The last clue was in place. The final paper from the microwave said something like, "Go up to room 201A and say 'Happy Early Birthday Ashley! Can I have some candy', but make sure you don't say anything about the scavenger hunt. If she asks, just play dumb".

Such a fucking good idea. In the end I had like 15 people doing the scavenger hunt all from Thompson Hall. I got on my R.A.'s total good side. And to a bunch of people, I'm no longer that one guy who walks around in his underwear.

No comments: