Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ugh Life Is A Downer

Lots of things have been bringing me down lately. Most of the occurrences that happen are pretty small, but I've been getting a lot of them, and I'm not used to being down. Thanks for Mr. Schneider's wall junior year, I remembered a quote from Dave Mathews:

"To change the world
Start with one step
However Small
The first step is hardest of all"

So my first step to fixing the problems in my life is to write down the thoughts from my head and figure out what I need to do in order to change. By writing down the things that have brought me down in the past couple of days, I want to look for connections between them and come up with solutions that will help all of them.

Don't laugh at me, or tell me that my problems don't mean anything, because they mean something to me and they are affecting me. Of course I'm happy to be alive and all that other shit, I just want to fix my problems and make myself happier.

Here is a list of things that I can think off the top of my head that have brought me down.
- Going to the DC (Dining Commons) alone
- Losing all my money on Facebook Poker
- Afraid of asking people for their phone number
- Giving myself enough time to study for Chemistry or Statistics
- Not giving myself enough time to arrive to my lecture halls
- Not wanting to do my laundry
- Not wanting to lift weights after I run in the ARC
- Spending too much time in the bathroom for showers
- Cluttered desk
- Worried about maybe not getting the things I need for my Halloween costume
- Being sucky at defense during Frisbee practice
- I know I'm going to Chico CHUG, but I still might not make the A team
- Not taking good care of my immune system
- Being written up for taking the screen off our window

What I need to do is focus on one thing at a time and figure out how to get out of that rut, instead of trying to fix everything at once.

No comments: