Thursday, November 13, 2008

BBC (Ben's Book Club)

I got fed up with all my friends watching too many movies all the time. So I started a book club. Right now it's just an idea, but I made a facebook group and got some people who wanted to join it. The first book I want everyone is read is "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. I've already read it, but I want other people to read it, and I'm actually looking forward to discussing it with friends. Right now I just have to figure out how to get 6 or so copies for everyone. I think I'm either going to talk with a Davis bookstore, or figure out how to use my campus library to get reading books.

Wikipedia for "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Here is a Youtube video that someone made of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" if it was made into a movie. It's got quotes from the book, which makes me tingle because I thought Stephen Chbosky really nailed every single sentence in the book.

Perks of Being a Wallflower Hypothetical Movie Trailer

2 comments:

Stephen Hubbard said...

Im real glad that you like that book I gave you. I think its a real good book for a book club because it sucks readers in and requires they finish.

Cool idea with the club. Respect.

stayingAnonymous said...

good book.