Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals For Winter Quater

I've had a lot of time to think this Winter break. Hmm how cliche' of a beginning post. Alright! first goal is to be cliche' free. We're onto a good start.

Seriously though, I've got my goals for Winter break. The first thing I've decided is that I want to get a job and keep it a secret from my parents for as long as possible. Not for the reason that I can get money from both parents and employment, but for the reason that I think would take a lot of pressure off of me to get a job. Then once I get a steady (no matter how small) income, I'll be able to live off my own instead of my parents.

The second thing I want to concur is my school work. The classes I feel will be some what of a challenge for me, and I want to have as little stress as possible. That's why I'm first off setting the bar at at least a 3.25 GPA. That takes off some stress. I also want to study for classes in my free time, or get good nights rest so I can show up to all my lectures. My biggest problem fall quarter wasn't the school work, but my poor attendance to class which resulted in my stressing about not knowing what material I needed to make up. The schedule I picked this winter quarter should be more accommodating for me to show up to class more often.

Thirdly, I've got a good thing going with these varied Crossfit workouts at tracks or in the weight room. Heck, Lisa said I had a 4.75 out of 5 body on new years when I wasn't wearing a shirt or pants. Then I got the two hottest girls in high school to lick my belly button. Of course I'm going to continue Crossfit. I see improvements in my body, but more importantly I notice a difference of how great the workouts make me feel compared to simple lifting.

Lastly are my dreams to become an amazing ultimate player. A lot of players on the Davis team like to imagine themselves going to nationals, and that's what motivates them. I on the other hand am not even thinking about the game-to-go final game against whomever. I'm trying to get into the mindset of understanding how to beat individual teams. Winning tournaments are important, but I think it's more important to know how to beat each team on your way to the top. I've played a few games agianst Davis's highest competitors such as UCSC, LPC, or UGMO and I feel like it's more important to focus on beating individual teams instead of focusing on winning tournaments. If you only focus on the tournament, then you commit yourself to a single offense and defense strategy, but a fluid mindset that gives you advantages at certain points is what I'm aiming to learn this quarter.

Overall I want to simplify my life. No time can be wasted.
I want to 98% focus on Schoolwork, Working, Working out, and Frisbee.
The other 2% will come from reading the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

1 comment:

Sir Lancealot said...

Ahh! I have that book. Goodstuffs. Also check out The Accidental Mind. Realllly good and eye-opening, so many things explained.